Friday, October 17, 2014

Its here...

Atropos hatched overnight. I checked before bed and there was a black pupa, but this morning a nice fully formed Deaths Head Hawk-moth had emerged and was hanging on the tank side, fresh as a daisy.

I snatched a few blurry pics in the half light before work this morning, but hope for better tomorrow.

If you are passing and would like to see the moth, I will be having it on display at Howick Village hall tomorrow and Sunday from 10 am - 12 noon. There will be a small donation to the village hall coffers...

[I have tried to email everyone in my address book today and have frozen my emails in the process, so I'm stuck until I can get help.]



2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hope to see you and moth on Sunday morning!

Ragged Robin said...

Superb moth Stewart and so glad it emerged in such beautiful condition. I so wish I lived a bit closer as I would have loved to see this moth.